Saturday, September 13, 2014

Young and Blonde





                  Ever since I've been working in salons, I've grown to envy any girl under the age 16. They walk in with their Repunzel like hair and I turn green with envy. Hair with shine that most of us can only dream of and tresses down to the lower part of their back. It's just not fair. However, these are also my favorite clients. With hair this great, it's almost effortless to make them look even more fabulous. My young client came in and started to explain that her summer job didn't allow her to be in the sun as much as she used to. Most of her summers are spent outside, which lightens her hair, and gives her that blonde, sun-kissed look. This summer was spent inside, doing paperwork for a company that didn't let her see the light of day. Being so young, I suggested we keep it natural and not dramatic looking. For her, subtle, fine highlights were the way to go. I lightened her up enough to where she felt nice and bright, not platinum. Her natural, gold highlights made her skin glow and eyes pop. After blowing her hair dry, she smiled at me with great satisfaction. She was more than pleased with the results. My client finally felt like her summer-self again.

No comments:

Post a Comment