Thursday, September 18, 2014

Making Changes







Connecting with people on a day-to-day basis is all part of what I do. If you're a hairdresser that claims you're not a people person, then you are in the wrong business my friend. Dealing with people is all part of the Job. You have to please their every want and need and stay smiling throughout the whole process, even if they're unpleasantly demanding. However, sometimes you get lucky. There are those clients that are such a joy to have in your chair, you are thankful that human interaction is the main part of your career. Today I had one of those clients. Usually by the end of the day I'm exhausted and I'm just one client away from going home and going to bed. As I walked up to Nicole, she immediately greeted me with a smile that went along with her bubbly personality. She was humorous and excited for whatever change she was about to make. Nicole had explained to me that she was starting a new career after resigning from her previous job. It was clear a hair transformation was needed. Up until about two years ago, she was a double process, bleach blonde. Realizing that it was way too drastic for her, she went back to being a brunette. After having her natural color for two years, she was missing her blonde locks she once had. We both agreed that a double process, bleach blonde was not the direction we wanted to go in. I gave her a heavy natural highlight that still allowed her see a significant difference. Nicole was finally blonde again from root to tips. My day was a success after seeing how grateful she was and I'm already looking forward to our next visit. 










No comments:

Post a Comment