Saturday, January 16, 2016

Embrace your curls - Favorite curly hair products at the moment







Wearing my hair curly used to not be an option for me. I always hated my curls and would straighten and blow dry them until every strand was straight. I've learned to now embrace them. Whenever people see me now, they ask me what I did to my hair because they didn't realize my big hair was natural. I'm on a kick where I love my curls and it's actually a lot more easier then sitting in front of the mirror while constantly blowdrying. Less time and patience. 

With curly hair comes the need for great products. Every head of curls is different and it takes a lot of time for someone to find their favorite products to use. I'm lucky I work in a salon because I can do an endless amount of experimenting and using  different products together to see what works. 

Right now I am loving Bumble and Bumble and Kerastase for my curls. Many would think since these are the products we sell at the salon I work in, of course I'm going to advertise these. It actually took me a while to get to like Curl Fever by Kerastase. I was always so against gels because I hated any type of crunchiness in my hair. I was always someone who liked my hair to feel textured and not like I just put a glob of glue in it. My mentor was always telling me to just try it because she loved it. Finally, I did and I am so happy about it. Its actually part of the reason I'm wearing my hair curly on an every day basis because I know my curls are going to come out great. 

As for Bumble and Bumble, I will always love the surf line. It allows me to have beach hair all year round, and the packaging looks pretty awesome to. I use all of these three products for different things and each one is important. 

Kerastase Curl Fever - This is a gel that adds no crunchiness to your hair while still having some hold. I don't like the stiff feeling. This keeps helps keep my curls in tact without looking crusty. 

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray - A sea salt spray for a beachy texture. It feels like you just stepped out of the ocean. Since its winter, there is no humidity in the air to help my hair get some volume. I use this at my root while its both damp and dry and it keeps my hair from looking flat and greasy. 

Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion - A lot like the Surf Spray, this also gives the hair a beachy texture but is infused with oils for some added moisture. The original surf spray is great for the summer but in the winter, my ends need more moisture since curly hair tends to get very dry. I get the same beachy texture without the frizzy, dry feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment