Thursday, January 7, 2016

A week later........

New Years came and went. The feeling of new beginnings and possibilities are in full swing. 

It's been 1 week since I posted about all my goals and resolutions I wanted to accomplish for the upcoming year. In my mind, my everyday schedule was supposed to be upgraded by this time. The feeling of positivity was to be felt everywhere. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. 

As we rang in the new year, I was getting a cold. A really bad one. It didn't take much time for me to be strapped to my bed with no willingness to move. My motivation and resolutions were put on the back burner. 

My biggest fear was to lose track of my goals all together and never start them. Keeping motivation is hard enough as it is, especially when you don't feel well. I had a lot of time to think while I was laying in bed. I kept telling myself I couldn't lose track of the small impacts I wanted to make on my daily life. 

Each day I was sick, I would try and pick which day I was going to start implementing my changes. After organizing and organizing, I realized I was doing it all wrong. Why do we continue to say "tomorrow". I'm so guilty of this and by the time comes, "tomorrow" is gone, as well as our chance to get going. 

I realized that instead of talking and thinking about my goals, I had to just start them right then and there. Even though I was in the middle of a fever and sweating through everything I wore, there was no reason why I couldn't do something at that very moment. 

So, if you have goals and resolutions that you've already given up on, don't. Just think to yourself, what can I do right at this very second that will take me one step closer. Its so easy for us to lose track, that's why It's important for us to stop, think, and bring yourself back to awareness. 



Just came to bring you this update and help you remember why you set your goals in the first place. Stay inspired and imagine what you can accomplish! 


No comments:

Post a Comment