Friday, November 28, 2014

The Harry Josh Dryer




Sooner or later finally comes that time that some of us dread. Our blowdryers just don't work up to par anymore. Its one of those appliances that you just have to keep replacing eventually as time goes on. I was in denial about it for a few weeks, acting like it was totally normal that it smelled like burnt hair while it was running. I finally caved when a co-worker started using it. She turned to me and said "Missy, your blowdryer sucks, just please get a new one". The search started.

 Being in the hair industry, a high quality blow dryer was crucial. I wanted something lightweight, easily transportable and had a strong air flow. Being a Twin Turbo girl for so long, I wanted to venture out of my comfort zone and see what else was out there. I searched through different brands comparing prices, size, weight and wattage. I'm someone who is very visual, so when I came across this fun-sized, mint green blowdryer I was automatically intrigued. 

The Harry Josh Pro Tools 2000 dryer definitely had its own character from the rest of the dryers I've seen. It had a unique retro feel and didn't look like it would feel as if I was drying hair with a 10 pound weight. I read tons of positive reviews about it and even articles from other beauty bloggers giving their opinion. I read about its 9 inch cord, green energy system that reduces energy use by 70%, and its extra cold push button for setting styles. At the time of my research, I found it in a package deal that came with brushes and clips for $250 on Hairenvy.com (I think this is still being offered).  I decided to take the plunge and make the purchase. 

My blowdryer had arrived and I was so excited to try it. I pulled out the pint sized dryer and immediately plugged it in. I was pleasantly surprised with how strong and hot the airflow was for a small little gadget. I clicked on the cool shot button and the air didn't go to just room temperature, it actually got cold enough to cool down hot hair. It also had a nifty little ION button for you to decide whether you want to use the ION technology or not. The cord length was much longer then any other dryer I had owned and the weight of the dryer wasn't tiring to my arm. Luckily my mom needed her weekly blowout that night so I able to test it out right away. 

Since I've been using the same dryer for so long, it took a few minutes to really get used to a new one. I couldn't tell right away how much I loved it since I was so out of my comfort zone. After a few sections of hair I became more adapted and realized how happy I was with it. The strong hair flow made for a quick and smooth blowout, lightweight helped with handling of the tool, and the cool shot button helped with longevity of the style. All around I give this blowdryer 2 thumbs up.







No comments:

Post a Comment